Frequently Asked Question

How Can We Help You?

Discover Frequently Asked Questions from Our Support

A licensed and bonded Public Adjuster or a Public Insurance Adjuster is an expert on loss adjustment and the settlement process, who works for the policyholder. The Public Adjuster assists you, the insured, in preparing, filing and managing the payment of insurance claims regarding property loss through each necessary supplement.

Most local department of insurance agencies do require a licensed adjuster to assist on your claim. But that insurance adjuster works for the insurance company!

Filing a claim requires a written, itemized statement of your losses. Interpretation of your policy can be difficult, and at times may require an attorney to determine coverage. You may not realize what the extent of your coverage or your damage.

Filing a claim is tedious and time-consuming. The Public Adjuster can take this burden off your shoulders and free you to do what you do best. Believe it or not a professionally licensed Public Adjuster is recognized and respected by the insurance companies.

Public Adjusters are required to be licensed and bonded in most states.  Richard Myers    is licensed and bonded as a Public Adjuster in Texas and Mississippi with 15 years experience.

The insurer’s adjuster represents the insurer’s interests, not yours. So often times your settlement amount will come up short. Neither the insurance carrier nor the assigned insurance adjuster is responsible for writing a detailed estimate of your loss. However, they do have responsibility to the local department of insurance to thoroughly investigate and document the claim. Frequently, these estimates have missing items and do not accurately reflect today’s market costs in your area.
Working with our public adjusters will give you the confidence that every bit of damage will be reported on the claim.  Our expertise in negotiations for 15 years gives you added advantage over fighting them yourself.

No. Most policies include your right to have an appraisal, and if necessary the right to litigation. In any case DO NOT SIGN ANY WAIVER from the insurance company without having an attorney review it first. Also READ the memo section of check stubs, avoid full and final payments.

No. A Public Adjuster cannot function as a contractor on any claim he manages and vice versa. Many states have severe penalties for individuals acting as a public adjuster while also acting as a contractor. Beware the contractor who offers to “negotiate” your claim. They are not legally allowed to do this. Also this may actually put the legitimacy of your entire claim in jeopardy.

Whether or not a Public Adjuster is hired, problems or delays in your claim will exist. However, the Public Adjuster will help expedite the solutions to the problems. The responsible Public Adjuster strives to handle claim discussions with the insurer with mutual respect and professionalism. However, you can contact the State Department of Insurance if an insurance company does not want you to hire a Public Adjuster. That insurer can’t possibly have your best interest in mind.

Absolutely not, The Public Adjuster Profession is licensed and regulated by the Department of Insurance in any given state. As a policyholder you have the right to hire an expert who will manage your claim on your behalf. Canceling your policy because you hired a Public Adjuster is a violation of State Law in some states.

A staff adjuster is a licensed Independent All-Lines Adjuster employed on staff of the Insurance Company.

The insurance company may hire an independent company who bring in their employees, licensed Independent All-Lines Adjuster to evaluate the loss. Both still have to comply with the approval or denial of portions of your claim.Plus these adjusters have the best interest of the insurance company in mind. They both are licensed Independent All-Lines Adjusters.

The Public Adjuster is employed by you, and works on your behalf. The Public Adjuster is licensed under a specific license to allow them to solicit your business and represent you.

All three adjusters require the same Continuing Education credits annually.

Most policies specify that you may not bring suit until all provisions of the policy have been complied with. Complying with the terms usually requires the assistance of someone like a public adjuster. Attorneys do not deal with matters of the scope of loss, and will routinely hire a Public Adjuster to perform these services once a case is retained. Public Adjusters and attorneys are separate, yet at times the public adjust will realize at what point to recommend an attorney. In legal disputes with the Insurance company you should definitely hire a lawyer.

No, Selling insurance or acting as an insurance agent would be a conflict of interest.

Your agent is trained in determining your insurance needs, not negotiating insurance claims. Also it is possible your agent’s hands are tied because their employer is the insurance company.

Each state has specific time limits and your policy should clarify your deadline date to file for supplemental payments. Call Richard Myers, 832-687-7225 for an evaluation and we will do our best to help you.

A Public Adjuster’s compensation is a small percent of your insurer’s claims payments that are made to you. With the help by a qualified Public Adjuster the fees are usually more than covered by a successful claim payment that is obtained for you.

You can contact our firm by telephone (832-687-7225) or email ( and request a review of your loss. You will need a copy of your insurance policy. If you do not have it available, you can usually obtain a copy from your insurance agent or insurance company with a request in writing.

To Top